You are here: Home Classes Early Year and Foundation Stage
WELCOME TO EARLY YEARS AND FOUNDATION YEARS ( 0 months to 5 years)
The Foundation stage is vital building block in your child's education. We aim to support the progression from the playgroup through the Pre-school to the primary years and make it fun and stimulating. We aim to provide the highest standards of care based on best practice and we are committed to continuous improvement by providing training opportunities for all staff
OVERVIEW OF THE CURRICULUM
Emphasis is placed on developing children's skills across the areas of learning, to provide a suitable and integrated approach for young children's learning..These skills are developed as directed by the seven areas of learning within the early year's foundation curriculum of the Curriculum of England and the Wales. Areas of learning have been identified to describe an appropriate curriculum for 2-5 year olds that supports the development of children and their skills. They complement each other and work together to provide a cross curricular approach to form a practical relevant curriculum. They are not approached in isolation.
- Personal Social & Emotional Development (PSE)
- Communication Language Literacy (CLL)
- Literacy (L)
- Mathematics Development (MD)
- Knowledge and Understanding of the Word (KUW)
- Creative Development (CD)
- Physical Development (PD)
Our Foundation Stage is divided into the following classes
- Crèche ages 0 to 11 months
- Playgroup classes ages 12months-24 months.
- Pre-School 1 ages 2 – 3 years.
- Pre-School 2 ages 3 – 4 years.
- Reception class of ages 4 – 5 years.